One of my favorite things to do is to watch someone get excited over a little thing. I believe everyone has a subject that they can totally “nerd out” about. It doesn’t have to particularly be something that’s been socially branded as “nerdy”, but just something that you can get real passionate about.
The Magic
It is probably very obvious… but my favorite “Nerd out” topic will always be Harry Potter. I was eleven when I read the Philosopher’s Stone, and 17 turned 18 when Deathly Hallows pt 1 and 2 came out. I quite literally grew up with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
I don’t think when I told my co-workers that I love Harry Potter they understood until suddenly my desk did this AND I finally received my Hogwarts letter. Okay, a co-worker left it on my desk under a stuffed Barn Owl but hey! Best present ever (legit cried).



Not to mention I have a Deathly Hallows tattoo on my shoulder (my sister designed it, one of my best friend tattooed it, so it was a huge deal when I got it).

Note: I still need a Hufflepuff banner to hang next to my desk.
I have read almost every article on Pottermore. I watch the movies at least once a month, if not more often since I just leave them on while I’m working at home or cleaning. I can quote the entirety for the first movie and most of the first book word for word from my head. I can quote along with the other movies, but not from memory. I just looked up word counts, and I have read over a million words of Harry Potter fan-fictions in the past month. Most of them about the Marauder’s years (we need a 7 season show about the Marauders, please Jo please).
I think I realized I found my other half when I discovered that my boyfriend is just as much, if not more of a Potterhead than I am. We co-run a discord server dedicated to just Harry Potter. We're even redoing our living room to be the Hufflepuff common room!
I will out trivia anyone! I have only lost in one Harry Potter trivia match… to my boyfriend so I guess that’s acceptable...
What is your Nerd Out? Why? What’s a weird fun fact?
Bonus: Go to Pottermore.com if you haven't yet and find out what house you're in! I'm a Hufflepuff... if that wasn't apparent 