I've been using bamboo to automate tests and builds for awhile, but I recently added a performance test for some heavy c++ code to perform a variety of math based operations. I'm just executing this from a shell script and I've noticed that when I run the shell script by hand on the same host and file system I consistently get about 10% shorter run times than from bamboo. I was thinking this might be due to the capturing of the console output so I piped everything into the log in a background task and just had the bamboo job waiting on the task to finish but that didn't seem to have any effect.
I made sure my agent is spawning the script at the same nice level as a user would, but I'm out of other things to check.
Is there anything I can do to get similar performance as running the script standalone?