Before staging a file in the index I like to review all of my changes. I highlight the file and then the diffs showup in the Hunk Browser panel. At the top there are buttons to Stage File or Discard. If the file only has minor changes I'm able to review the diff and select stage file.
However, when there are many screens of diffs (maybe I autoformatted code or refactored a really large method in to several smaller methods) I need to scroll. When I get to the bottom and am satisfied I need to scroll all the way to the top to chose Stage File.
It would be nice if the part of the screen that listed the filename, diff stats and Stage/Discard buttons floated so it was always visible or if it was repeated at the bottom.
Or have other people found a different workflow which I'm just missing that would keep me from scrolling so much?
thanks,
chuck