I have a unity project I have been working on for the last 6 months.
I need to use sourcetree+bitbucket for version control. How do I do this? [macosx]
What I have tried :
- I have watched this. This set me up a remote Repository that is linked to a copy of my project. Project changes I make do not reflect in Sourcetree because it is a copy. This also lead me to copy ALL files, including unwanted files. I think this is because I saved my gitignore file as gitignore.txt. (How do you make a .gitignore?)
What I want :
- I want my current project code to be linked up with sourcetree/bitbucket.
- I want a .ignorefile to be setup correctly
Example: I want to edit a line of code in one of my scripts, go over to Sourcetree and see that I did so.
What is an acceptable answer :
1. Instruct how to do the above without the use of the command line.