I am new to git/bitbucket but installed SourceTree and used it when it was opened. I closed it yesterday and now I can't find a shortcut to it anywhere to open it again. I tried creating a shortcut but it is not installed under any Atlassian or SourceTree named folder...Where can I find it? I know it's installed because it's still showing in my Control Panel / Programs. I am using Windows 7
HELP
Thank you!
Joe Pirola
I found an Atlassian folder under AppData/Local, but there is no executable there either
I found it! user/AppData/Local/SourceTree/Sourcetree.exe
That's an odd place for an executable!
Thanks!
same thing. wtf!
Try: C/USER/UR USER NAME/APPDATA/LOCAL/SOURCETREE (not Atlassian find source tree folder)/Sourcetree.exe
Like what the hell is this? I run the executable to install the sourcetree and it just launches itself, but the app itself is nowhere to be found.
So this is why I can't find the SourceTree.exe on my computer isn't it?
2020-05-14T09:40:17: LogHost: Initializing to normal mode2020-05-14T09:40:19: LogHost: Failed to handle Squirrel events: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Splat.IFullLogger.Info(System.String, !!0, !!1)'.at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.CreateShortcutsForExecutable(String exeName, ShortcutLocation locations, Boolean updateOnly, String programArguments, String icon)at Squirrel.EasyModeMixin.CreateShortcutForThisExe(IUpdateManager This)at Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.SquirrelApplicationUpdater.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied>b__0(Version v)at Squirrel.SquirrelAwareApp.HandleEvents(Action`1 onInitialInstall, Action`1 onAppUpdate, Action`1 onAppObsoleted, Action`1 onAppUninstall, Action onFirstRun, String[] arguments) - System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Splat.IFullLogger.Info(System.String, !!0, !!1)'.at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.CreateShortcutsForExecutable(String exeName, ShortcutLocation locations, Boolean updateOnly, String programArguments, String icon)at Squirrel.EasyModeMixin.CreateShortcutForThisExe(IUpdateManager This)at Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.SquirrelApplicationUpdater.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied>b__0(Version v)at Squirrel.SquirrelAwareApp.HandleEvents(Action`1 onInitialInstall, Action`1 onAppUpdate, Action`1 onAppObsoleted, Action`1 onAppUninstall, Action onFirstRun, String[] arguments)ERROR [2020-05-14 09:40:23,248] [1] [SourceTree.Analytics.Submission.Gas.GasAnalyticsSubmissionService] [Log] - Hi There!ERROR [2020-05-14 09:40:25,026] [19] [Sourcetree.Analytics.Emau.EMauSubmissionService] [Log] - POST MAU submission FAILEDSystem.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'TimeZoneConverter, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)File name: 'TimeZoneConverter, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'at Atlassian.AnalyticsService.Client.Converters.IanaTimezoneConverter.WriteJson(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonSerializer serializer)at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeConvertable(JsonWriter writer, JsonConverter converter, Object value, JsonContract contract, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType)at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType)at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObjectInternal(Object value, Type type, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer)at Sourcetree.Analytics.Emau.EMauSubmissionService.<SubmitBatch>d__61.MoveNext()
Same for me!
The .exe file is located under C/USER/Your_User_Name/APPDATA/LOCAL/SOURCETREE .
The error above is showing that the shortcut creation is failed during the installation.
Workaround: You may create the shortcut yourself by simply placing its shortcut under :
C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\
Why doesn't it install to Program Files, or better yet, let us choose an install location?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.