Service Desk Request - Channel Type?
within the ticket once it's a assigned to a technician, there is an option for channel type which refers to the way the ticket was generated (email, portal, or phone). How can we add or edit this list?
there are only three possibilities: email, portal, application (Jira). they are not editable AFAIK. What other channels were you thinking of?
walk-ups and phone
but walk-ups and phone are methods of entering tickets into the system. With that said I see where you may wish to capture that data. I assume the agent would be the one to open on the behalf of the reporter. So....
You could consider adding a custom field to meet your needs. If the agent opens they would be required to enter the source. The should also input the Requestor as well since the agent will be the Creator. That source could be: Phone, Walk-up. Further you could, if desired incorporate the other three channels into the field (i think) by using automation to copy the channel field into the custom field. This would allow you to filter on the custom field and report on it, e.g. a pie chart.
Thanks, I definitely see where you are going with creating a custom field to include what I need and then making reports off the custom field. I just was thinking if there was a way to add to the CHANNEL field; but if not then a custom field I can create.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.