Happy Monday, all!
For better or worse, I bought my nine-year-old a pocket knife this weekend. I'm not sure what possessed me to do it, as anyone who knows a kid this age is aware that nothing but destruction and strife will follow the purchase of any tool that has sharp edges.
Thinking about it, I probably give my kids a lot of freedom to explore since my mom was quite the hoverparent. That didn't stop me from playing with things I shouldn't though.

Unironically, even after a long conversation with my son about proper knife usage, three bananas, two cardboard boxes, and a number of plants from my garden have been summarily brought to their death. We also learned that we are out of bandaids. This has been rectified.
I want to know what 'dangerous' toys you played with when you were a kid. What kind of trouble... erm... fun do your kids get into these days?
