Hey everybody,
I have been using SourceTree on Windows for some time now without thinking much about it (good thing!). With the latest update SourceTree suggested that I should update the embedded git I have been using. After doing so SSH access to my repositories does no longer work.
I have been using OpenSSH and I assume the following should work:
- [cmd] generate a key pair with ssh-keygen
- add the public key on the web site
- [cmd] test config with ssh -T git@bitbucket.org, running this tells me things work fine
- add the private key in SourceTree so that it shows up under Tools/Options/General
I noticed that the git-bash I can start from SourceTree does not produce any output for ssh commands. This made me run the key generation and test from the Windows command shell. This also means that ssh-add -l is not helpful for me (ssh-add -l >>foo.txt 2>&1 produces an empty file).
Why do I not see anything when using ssh commands in the git-bash?
I would expect SSH access to work when [cmd] ssh -T ... tells me things are fine. Instead I get "fatal: Could not read from remote repository" on cloning in bash. Where do I go wrong?
Best, Dirk