Since the new update 2.6.6.0 I cannot fetch, push or pull anymore.
I always get
C:/Users/Thomas: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `('
C:/Users/Thomas: line 1: `[23C0:232C][2016-12-18T13:06:59]i001: Burn v3.7.2002.0, Windows v6.3 (Build 9600: Service Pack 0), path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages\Microsoft.VisualC.Redist.12,version=12.0.21005,chip=x64\vcredist_x64.exe, cmdline: '/q /norestart /log C:\Users\Thomas Flinkow\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_setup_20161218124046_407_Microsoft.VisualC.Redist.12.log -burn.unelevated BurnPipe.{36C00955-38E5-484D-8567-FF727B2DF90C} {CA205743-F988-4A86-BD25-CEBE5D43A9BB} 9360''I was able to narrow down the search for the cause of the error and found out that it is due to a whitespace character in my user folder name, i.e. this is the fetch command
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks -c credential.helper= -c "credential.helper=C:/Users/Thomas Flinkow/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/git_extras/git-credential-manager.exe" fetch --prune --tags origin
And the error occurs because of the whitespace character in
credential.helper=C:/Users/Thomas Flinkow/AppData/Local/Atlassian/SourceTree/git_extras/git-credential-manager.exe
The error did not occur before the update and I need to find a fix as soon as possible to continue with my work.
I thought about simply moving the git-credential-manager.exe to another location not containing whitespace characters, but I could not find an option to specify its path in Sourcetree.
How can I set the git-credential-manager.exe in Sourcetree? I do not want to have to use the console whenever I want to fetch, push or pull. As it is right now, Sourcetree is almost unusable.