Morning all,
I turned 30 this past weekend. Getting older is weird. As a kid, I don't think I ever considered what getting older was like, it was just something that I saw other people do. As a teenager it was assumed that I wouldn't make it to 30, that I'd just go out in a blaze of pubescent glory. I'm grateful to have made it through another year to share experiences and expertise with you all on the Community. Cheers!
Now onto the fun stuff!
This weekend, in a bar full of people and pumped full of liquid courage, I proudly exclaimed that I was a pro-level beatboxer... then proceeded to thoroughly embarrass myself in front of friend and stranger alike. You may be surprised to find out that I am not, in fact, a pro-level beatboxer. In reality I have never beatboxed in my life.
Alas, there is no videographic evidence, but I can assure you it was painful and your imaginations would not do it justice.
If you are like me and need to brush up on your beatboxing skills to impress your friends, attract the mate of your dreams, or just make a dollar on the subway, I offer you Incredibox
This game has been around for years and years in a number of iterations (and most-recently a mobile app) where you can combine beatboxed sounds recorded by the French creator into limitless versions on a theme.
Go ahead, give it a try. Don't be like Meg.