I have had a query from one of our users who has started using Java Specs in Bamboo. When creating a 'spec' for deployment he wants to be able to select a remote agent but can't see a way of doing this. Is this possible?
Many Thanks
Paul.
Hi Paul,
One possibility is to add a custom capability to your agents and then set this capability as a job requirement.
For example, I've added a custom capability called agent with the value "agent1" to one of my agents and in my specs code I defined this capability as a job requirement:
public Plan plan() { final Plan plan = new Plan(new Project() .key(new BambooKey("PROJ")) .name("PROJECT"), "PLANTEST", new BambooKey("PTES")) .stages(new Stage("Default Stage") .jobs(new Job("Default Job", new BambooKey("JOB1")) .requirements(new Requirement("agent") .matchValue("agent1") .matchType(Requirement.MatchType.EQUALS)))); return plan; }
You can do the same thing for deployment projects.
Is this a feasible solution for you?
thanks
Hi Gabriel, Many thanks for your reply, I am waiting to hear back from the user. I will get back to you as soon as I hear from them.
Kind regards
Paul
Hi Gabriel,
Just heard back and your solution worked. Thank you for your help it is very much appreciated.
kind regards
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.