Hi,
I have had this issue before and the same again today. As I am trying to commit the changes made, I am not able to see the branch name by the commit.
Push changes immediately to to - <typically you should be able to see the branch you are on but it is empty for me>.
While we are at it, I have created a branch in my Bitbucket using git command but it is not making a difference. Please help me here. Thanks in advance!
Can you include some screenshots to illustrate the problem you're having?
Thanks Tim for your response. Initially, I was not able to see the branch i was on. But now I do, as shown in the image below. I git bashed it by using the following command :
git branch -u origin/APOLLO28
I wanted to know if there is another or a better way to overcome this issue in the future.
Many Thanks.
image2016-1-25 12:56:25.png
I'm not able to recreate the situation you describe, but it sounds like it was because the local branch was not set to track a remote branch, which is what you rectified with that git command.
When I create a new local branch, it seems like it's automatically assuming I want to push it to a similarly named remote branch, even if that remote branch doesn't exist, but that may be a version dependent behavior.
Your other option would probably be to just commit it and then go to the Push screen to push, because that screen lays out your branch options a little more fully.
Tim, this has been the case lately, so maybe you are right there when you said it could be a version dependent behavior.
Appreciate you taking your time and walking through the options. Thanks again!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.