SourceTree(2.7.4) crashes on launch in Mac OS 10.13.5
If SourceTree is not compatible with Mac OS Sierra, what is the proper alternative way?
Since this morning I have exactly the same problem.
Having the same issue on Mac OS 10.13.4 with SourceTree 2.7.4. I am able to get it to work long enough to work with it but it will on the next start. There's two things I'm doing to get it to work temporarily. First I delete the SourceTree folder in Application Support.
~/Library/Application\ Support/SourceTree
Then I have to add all the repositories back into SourceTree. That worked yesterday but when I started up today it crashed again. I don't like that solution so much.
Today I tried moving my local repository folder to a new location where SourceTree could not find it. That allowed it to start. Then I moved the folder back to where SourceTree is looking for it, I added the repositories back in. That worked for a few minutes before crashing. I'm thinking that maybe one of the repositories is corrupt?
This all works fine on my Windows 10 machine.
Here's my error log:
Process: Sourcetree [1551]Path: /Applications/Sourcetree.app/Contents/MacOS/SourcetreeIdentifier: com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMASVersion: 2.7.4 (175)Code Type: X86-64 (Native)Parent Process: ??? [1]Responsible: Sourcetree [1551]User ID: 501
Date/Time: 2018-06-06 07:53:51.113 -0400OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.4 (17E202)Report Version: 12Anonymous UUID: 37BC183C-8428-0D62-1531-7D654FEF3BAB
Time Awake Since Boot: 3200 seconds
System Integrity Protection: enabled
Crashed Thread: 12 Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-qos
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4Terminating Process: exc handler [0]
This seems to be working...I move my folder of repositories out of where SourceTree expects it, launch SourceTree, SourceTree shows that the repositories are gone, and then move the folder back without first quitting SourceTree. SourceTree then auto updates.
I've quit SourceTree and relaunched a couple times and it worked. I don't have confidence it that lasting for long. It's too buggy for that level of confidence. At least I can work.
So far, for me this also seems to be working. Thanks!
Unfortunately it only worked for a short while. Often it starts crashing again.
We are investigating the crash. There seems to be an issue loading and reading repo avatars. We will soon have an update on this. In the meanwhile, feel free to remove the ImageCache folder under ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree/
Thanks for your patience!
Manjunath
Sourcetree Mac Developer
For me this started when I tried create a new repository on Bitbucket and then clone it down to my Mac. It was an empty repository with just a README.md in it. Crashed right after the download and didn't work. Now it seems to be working reliably.
This was primarily due to a change deployed by Bitbucket cloud that was reverted in time. Also, we made a release of macOS client to ensure this type of a crash doesn't happen again. Thanks for the understanding and kind cooperation.
Cheers,Manjunath
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.