Hello all,
I'm looking to build a test system, based off the current setup / data of our production server. The purpose of this is we are upgrading from 5.12.3.1 to 6.3.4. We've never had a test system to test the upgrade. So would like to start there.
Our data is on an MSSQL db. I've taken a copy of this DB.
I imagined doing this by doing the following;
Build server and install pre-reqs.
Install Bamboo for Windows, install as service and start service
Go to the website and go through the setup wizard.
Connect application to pre-populated database
job done.
Reading through the guides, it seems you can't just install the application on a new server and connect an existing database, correct me if i'm wrong? Seems I may have to do some copy of the production bamboo home directory, ie export this to a zip file then import.
Is this right? I can't just copy the SQL data and point the new instance on the new test box to this?
Thanks in advance
tldr; can I use a pre-populated bamboo MSSQL database for a newly installed Bamboo instance?