I tried creating a custom field in Trello and want to delete it (or edit it to a different type of field). I'm not finding a way to do that. Am I stuck with it or is there something I'm missing?
Thanks!
Hi Shelly,
Sorry for any confusion! You can delete/edit custom fields from the card back. Please open the card and find the "Custom Fields" button to the right-hand side. Click on it and click on the Custom Field you'd like to edit. A pop-up window will appear, and you'll be able to click on the "Delete Field" link at the bottom.
Hope that helps!
Clicking on a custom field in the does not bring up a pop-up. As far as I can tell, you're stuck with custom fields after they've been defined.
I don't get the option to edit my custom fields.
This is what I see.
How can I delete these custom fields?
My experience is the same as Matt's and Gary's — there is no such option. And I thought I was adding it to one card, only to discover that it's now on all my new cards and I can't remove it. WTH?
You can delete them. The box that comes up requests you to type in the name of the field you want to delete. Then it allows you to do so.
I'm having the same issue as @Jamie Watson, I cannot edit the "type" of the custom field and when I re-arrange them, it does absolutely nothing. Come on Trello, sort it out!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.