I am trying to upgrade Bamboo from 3.4.3 to Bamboo 4.2. I've learnt from previous experience doing upgrades that testing the upgrade in a "dev" environment was a safer approach. As such, I am trying to setup a dev bamboo that :
- will connect to a dev database with a data dump of the prod DB
- will have the same LDAP connection params
- will have dedicated agents (for evaluation)
I followed the below process:
- create a new sandbox area (bamboo_upgrade)
- extract the bamboo 3.4.3 binaries inside ( they end up in a Bamboo folder)
- create a bamboo_data folder ( should really be bamboo_home)
- copy the prod bamboo.cfg.xml updated with the dev db params into bamboo_data
- copy bundeld-plugins, caches, jms-store, xml-data/configuration/
- copy the atlassian-user.xml of prod into bamboo_data/xml-data/configuration/atlassian-user.xml
- start up bamboo
At this point, the dev bamboo starts up. I bulk disable all the plans and proceed to the agents configuration part.... and this is where things get complicated. I install a remote agent via the command :
java -Dbamboo.home=/home/myuser/bamboo/agent_home -jar bamboo-clients/atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-3.4.3.jar http://kicktest:8085/agentServer/
The installer proceeds and eventually spits out a :
**********************************************************
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/08/29 17:15:52 | 2012-08-29 17:15:50,483 INFO [Thread-1] [RemoteAgent] * *
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/08/29 17:15:52 | 2012-08-29 17:15:50,483 INFO [Thread-1] [RemoteAgent] * Bamboo agent 'myhost.amd.com' ready to receive builds.
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/08/29 17:15:52 | 2012-08-29 17:15:50,483 INFO [Thread-1] [RemoteAgent] * Remote Agent Home: /home/myuser/bamboo/agent_home
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/08/29 17:15:52 | 2012-08-29 17:15:50,483 INFO [Thread-1] [RemoteAgent] * Broker URL: failover:(tcp://bamboo.amd.com:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?maxReconnectAttempts=10&initialReconnectDelay=15000
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/08/29 17:15:52 | 2012-08-29 17:15:50,483 INFO [Thread-1] [RemoteAgent] * *
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/08/29 17:15:52 | 2012-08-29 17:15:50,483 INFO [Thread-1] [RemoteAgent] *************************************************************************************************************************************************
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/08/29 17:15:52 | 2012-08-29 17:15:50,635 INFO [remoteEventRebroadcasterMessageListenerContainer-1] [RemoteEventRebroadcasterMessageListener] Rebroadcasting com.atlassian.bamboo.event.ServerFingerprintBroadcastEvent[source=null]
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/08/29 17:15:52 | 2012-08-29 17:15:50,639 FATAL [remoteEventRebroadcasterMessageListenerContainer-1] [KillAgentOnFingerprintMismatchListener] Detected that the server's fingerprint '-6628970950588600981' is different to the current '3016185394779647851'. The server has been restarted. This agent will shutdown to pick up potentially different plugins and classes.
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/08/29 17:15:52 | 2012-08-29 17:15:50,639 INFO [remoteEventRebroadcasterMessageListenerContainer-1] [RemoteBuildAgent] Waiting for 10 seconds before commencing with shutdown.
INFO | jvm 1 | 2012/08/29 17:16:00 | 2012-08-29 17:16:00,540 INFO [QuartzScheduler_Worker-3] [AgentHeartBeatJob] Not sending a new heartbeat since an old one is still being sent, last successful transmission time was 9 seconds ago, dropping the current heartbeat...
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am probably going to proceed with a support ticket...