I've been having a time and a half trying to get a variable set within my plan.
On the fly I am compiling and packaging something up and I've parsed its name from a script. I want to use that name in a different task. Looking online it seems like the way to do this is writing what I need to file and using "Inject Bamboo Variables".
I have gotten to this point and I can use the "Dump Variables to log" task and I can see it inside there
in the log:
`Injected variable bamboo.inject.PACKAGE=pkg.zip in LOCAL scope`
in the dump:
`key: [inject.PACKAGE] value: [pkg.zip ] type: CUSTOM`
However when I try to call it in a inline shell script, I can't seem to access it and it comes back as empty. I've tried everything I can think of in terms of calling it:
- echo %inject.PACKAGE%
- echo %bamboo.inject.PACKAGE%
- echo $inject.package
- echo ${inject.package}
to name a few
can anyone help me and tel me what i am doing wrong?