Hi,
I have a .Net framework (full not core) repo that I am building with Bamboo. I have setup a unit test project and have configured a "VSTest runner" task within my build plan.
Installed on the server are VS Build Tools 2017 and VS Test Agent 2017.
My build is currently failing with the following output in the build log
/UseVsixExtensions is getting deprecated. Please use /TestAdapterPath instead.
Failed to find the list of installed unit test extensions. Reason: Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestPlatform.ObjectModel.TestPlatformException: This option works only with vstest.console.exe installed as part of Visual Studio.
followed later on by
Failing task since test cases were expected but none were found.
Finished task 'Execute unit tests' with result: Failed
If I run the command in the build log in the command line I receive the same error but if I remove the /UseVsixExtensions argument and run it in the command line then the unit tests successfully run.
Is there any way to stop Bamboo from automatically adding the /UseVsixExtensions argument? I have found a way in the task configuration or in Server capabilities