I thought I read somewhere that when you attach a link to the back of a card, a preview image should be visible. Is that the case? All I'm seeing is a gray box that says "link." I feel like that is where a preview is meant to show up?Thanks!
Hello @LoLo,
Link attachments will show a preview for common image formats (like jpg, png, gif). However not all types of links can be previewed (i.e. a compressed zip file or an encrypted file).
Thanks Marc! I should have specified that I meant for website links. Are those supposed to pull preview images?
Loraine, as I understand there is no preview for a website.
Hi Loraine,
preview is limited in trello. As Marc said, you should see images but nothing else.
A youtube URL shows a preview if it's a comment. Though that might be an edge-case not many people are interested it.
You'd need to take a screenshot of the website manually and then I'd do this:
1. attach image, use  in description
2. add the url of the site below the image
Not sure that helps but it's an idea.
Thanks Krisz,I do sometimes attach screenshots to use as card covers, though I was hoping to eliminate this extra step. Thanks though!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.