I am installing Atlassian Bamboo 6.5 on an Amazon EC2 instance. I have followed the steps mentioned in this post - http://sdbaddas.blogspot.com/2016/08/how-to-install-bamboo-with-jira.html
These are the version deatils:
Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/bamboo
Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/bamboo
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/bamboo/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-amd64
Using CLASSPATH: /opt/bamboo/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/bamboo/bin/tomcat juli.jar
Server version: Apache Tomcat/8.0.36
Server built: Jun 9 2016 13:55:50 UTC
Server number: 8.0.36.0
OS Name: Linux
OS Version: 4.4.0-1052-aws
Architecture: amd64
JVM Version: 1.8.0_171-8u171-b11-0ubuntu0.16.04.1-b11
JVM Vendor: Oracle Corporation
When I run start-bamboo.sh, I get this output:
Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/bamboo
Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/bamboo
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/bamboo/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-amd64
Using CLASSPATH: /opt/bamboo/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/bamboo/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Tomcat started.
But I am not able to browse to the application using the IP address or the servername.
When I run stop-bamboo.sh, I get the following error:
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina stopServer
SEVERE: Could not contact localhost:8007. Tomcat may not be running.
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina stopServer
SEVERE: Catalina.stop:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:538)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:434)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:211)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stopServer(Catalina.java:450)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.stopServer(Bootstrap.java:400)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:487)Has anyone had the same issue? I think it means that Tomcat is not running on the server and it has something to do with the 8007 port which is the SHUTDOWN port mentioned in the server.xml file. Please advise.