Hi, as a software development manager I have much experience with Jira Software and Confluence. I have used these tool successfully also for non-software development work.
Recently, as honorary member of the board of trustees of a private school (from age 3 to age 19), I am looking for a tool to organize and collaborate with parents, teachers, administration, and pupils about school initiatives, small and big, e.g. "maintenance to repair wast paper basket" or "how to better prevent mobbing" or "how to improve teaching plans in class 11".
The tool should
- be easy to use with low skill entry possible
- be fun and motivating to use
- organize "projects" and the portfolio of projects
From the webpage I understand:
Jira Core = central project management, focus on tracking, more from the "boss" perspective
Jira Portfolio = central portfolio management of a collection of (Jira Software) projects
Trello = not so full-functional, but more intuitive Kanban-style tool, focus on team organizing their work, unclear if overarching portfolio (i.e. collection of projects) can be managed.
What tool is best suitable for the work at hand?
I am looking forward to your comments!