What git commands and parameters are used when clicking on the "Discard" button?
Hi Meir,
You should be able to use the introspection tools in Sourcetree to check. the Tasks Monitor on Mac (under the Debug menu) or the Process Monitor on Windows will provide more detail on what's run in the background.
Brian GanningerSenior Mac Developer, Sourcetree
Dear Brian
I clicked the "Tools" -> "Process viewer..." menu items which opened a process log window. I isolated the effect of "Discard" button, and saved the log. Attached is a link to the JSON version of it. Can you please interpret the key git commands and parameters for me? I could not find any documentation for most of these, sorry!
Thanks!Meir GuttmanA confused user
I'd like to know what commands are executed when clicking the "Discard" button.
I think it is:
git reset --hard <branch-name>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.