Hi,
This might be possible (or possibly a stupid question) but I'm not too familiar with git in general and I can't figure out how to do this. Basically, I have the following scenario:
The project is built remotely on a Linux host. The source code is located on this Linux host in a git repo. However, this repo is huge.
I have a share on a Windows system where the same repo is visible. However AFAIC, this is not a supported scenario for SourceTree, although I can open it in SourceTree but it is extremely slow, and essentially unworkable (ST takes about 20 minutes to open the repo).
An alternative is to clone the repo to the Windows system, and this works better, but I would really like to view the remote repo directly in SourceTree over ssh as opposed to a locally cloned repo that is configured to use the Linux repo as a remote.
So my question is... Is it possible to configure SourceTree so that it executed the actual git commands remotely over ssh? This should be much faster, and I would not need to have a locally cloned repo.
Thanks in advance for any help!