I have read all the other posts about setting up the External Diff. For some reason I can't seem to get it to work. I have version 2.5.5.0 SourceTree and Embedded GIT 2.16.2+git-lfs v2.3.4. Windows 10. My "Allow SourceTree to modify your local GIT" is set to TRUE.
I am trying to create a custom External Diff tool by calling a batch file from SourceTree with the Local and Remote tags. In Tools>Options>Diff I set the Diff tool to custom
My Batch File is :
echo %1
echo %2
pause
My hope is that I can see if the path are relative or absolute. I would then pass this to another application to open these files for a visual comparison. The Batch file NEVER opens because I never see the CMD window. I even pointed this to an EXE that would display the Arguments. It is never opening the "Custom" Diff tool.
Another point of concern is I was hoping to right click on a file and select External Diff(Ctrl+D) but this is grayed out. Even if I select "Beyond Compare" as my diff tool it is always grayed out. Beyond Compare works fine as a diff tool, except that my files are binary and Beyond Compare can't read them.