After migrating to a new MBP it took a while but I finally had my commits and pulls working.
Then I was prompted to update my macos, it's still 10.13.4 but an update none the less. So I get back to programming, now I want to commit my change but Sourcetree is throwing a security error.
I have read through the error message - this is exactly what I was getting before, but somehow I had done something to make it work. Now it isn't. I tried moving the ssh key to the group definition rather than my login, however that isn't working either.
Reading through the message - there is no clear indication exactly what username / group this is trying to authenticate with. If anything I would suggest it was trying to use git@bitbucket.org, clearly not my unique username. Perhaps you could improve the error message to tell me what is actually the problem. The message 'Permission denied (publickey)' says there is a permissions problem, but it doesn't say whether the publickey is the problem or not. Is the problem in the key, and if so with which account is it a problem. Similarly, I shouldn't assume the publickey is the problem because it doesn't actually say that. So, does my account have access to the particular repository, is that the permission denied problem I'm getting - I really don't know.
I'm instructed to check I have the correct access rights and the repository exists - well it worked about 30 minutes ago so I'm guessing I can skip over that.
Next I'm told to check the access rights and the repository exists - yeah - just did that.
Next I'm told to check the access rights and the repository exists - yeah - just did that.
Next I'm told to check the access rights and the repository exists - yeah - just did that.
Do you have any other (different) suggestions?
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree push -v --tags origin refs/heads/ui-upgrade:refs/heads/ui-upgrade
Pushing to git@bitbucket.org:sobscomau/sobs.git
git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
Pushing to git@bitbucket.org:sobscomau/sobs.git
git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
Completed with errors, see abovePushing to git@bitbucket.org:sobscomau/sobs.git
git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
Pushing to git@bitbucket.org:sobscomau/sobs.git
git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
Completed with errors, see above