Thanks to the great work of the community team I'm meanwhile pretty happy with the monitoring, filtering and notification options for community content!
The one thing that would yield a significant improvement still is proper threading in my email client (I'm using Thunderbird), i.e. the Atlassian community is pretty much the only forum where emails do not automatically sort themselves into a thread based on the originating question or discussion.
This considerably increases the time to skim through new responses, and more importantly, reduces the chance to timely respond to those where I've posted an answer and someone asks for additional feedback, because I cannot mark/watch the resp. thread.
I'm not an expert on how email correlation for threading purposes works in detail. Does anyone have a tip on how to eventually achieve this already, maybe I'm overlooking something? Would the community team consider to implement the likely required email metadata changes otherwise?