I am trying to set up source tree and connect to my bitbucket account.
I am using https://bitbucket.org as the root url and Andrew_Watkins as the username.
I get this error after I enter my password: "Failed to check login for user [Andrew_Watkins]: the URL 'https://bitbucket.org/rest/api/1.0/users/Andrew_Watkins' returned code 'NotFound'."
Any suggestions to resolve this are welcome.
Also, I can access my bitbucket account directly without issue.
Thank you,
Andrew
Could it be that you selected 'bitbucket server' instead of 'atlassian account?' in the step before?
The bitbucket server option is for when you install your own server, not when you use the bitbucket.com server.
Source: I encountered the same problem just now.
Hi Andrew, the URL https://bitbucket.org/rest/api/1.0/users/Andrew_Watkins is not a valid one. When it asks you for the URL you should enter https://bitbucket.org/Andrew_Watkins.
Also, have you followed the steps at Get started with Sourcetree to connect Sourcetree to your Bitbucket account?
Let us know how it goes!
Best regards,
Ana
Hi Ana. I have the same issue. Unfortunately, your suggestion didn't work. Also, I can't even get started with Sourcetree since I can't get past the initial setup where it asks for the login server and user name. Like Andrew, I am able to directly login to bitbucket just fine.
Thanks,
Paul
Hi Paul,
I linked the Atlassian account instead of bitbucket server and was able to install source tree. I had to go through the process on linking the Atlassian account multiple times before the process was successful.
Hope that helps.
Yes, I had the same experience - thanks for the help.
Yes, that is what I had mistakenly done - thanks for the help!
thanks all - my rego is now complete - phew!!!
uuuh, that is the solution. Thanks Hendrik !
It is a bit confusing
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.