As a consumer of community content I want to be able to search within a "product" or "group" in the community, but it seems the search is global (across all community content).
@Jonathan Watkins you can browse tags in any collection in the sidebar, or construct your own query using a parameterized URL. For example, here are posts in the Jira collection with the "cloud" tag: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/tag/cloud/tg-p/category-id/jira
There are also lots of options for filtering your feed on the community homepage, if you haven't tried that yet! More on that here.
You should be able to click "Explore" to filter by products, interests, and groups. I haven't found a tag cloud yet....
-Scott
@Scott Theus here is the global tag cloud: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/tagdetailpage/tag-cloud-grouping/tag/tag-cloud-style/frequent/message-scope/all/user-scope/all/tag-scope/all/timerange/all/tag-visibility-scope/public
Awesome, thank you!
@Monique vdB Thanks... I think this makes sense but doesn't really help my specific use case.
In this instance, I'm trying to look through previous questions asked to the Trello community page: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello/ct-p/trello to see if my question has been answered already... but there's no search box or tags for me to search against... I think I'm looking for a natural language search anyway, not a tag search. Just feels like there should be. Sounds like it's not something Atlassian has implemented.
Can you go to the tag list Monique mentioned and do "Control - F" to perform a search?
@Jonathan Watkins I see what you're saying -- we do have a ticket in the backlog to restrict search by collection, because we know that would be useful! It's just not implemented today.
I would just search your question using the word "trello" in your search and if you don't find anything that looks right, you're safe to ask.
@Jonathan Watkins and @Scott Theus and @Daniel Eads {unmonitored account} our dev just told me there's a workaround for this! Here's how to search in the Trello category. Just change the bolded part to whatever you want!
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=board&location=category:trello
Thanks @Tyler T 👍🏼
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.