Here is the graph I get when running the command `git log --graph --oneline --decorate --all`
It's completely linear. origin/chord-groups and master share mutual commits.
image2017-1-19 13:42:2.png
However this is the graph I get in Sourcetree:
image2017-1-19 13:43:12.png
I'm struggling to understand why the graph isn't linear. The graph implies that chord-groups and master don't share the same history.
Check to see if SourceTree is displaying commits in "Date Order" or "Ancestor Order", and try switching it. I've seen other people report situations where somehow using one or the other results in a situation where SourceTree displays a child commit lower on the list than its parent, and that completely destroys its ability to render correct lines.
Decided to just use the shell on it's own from now on. Using sourcetree has started to become more and more of a drag.
I spent ages trying to work this out and the fix was so simple. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.