Crowd V3.1.3
Here I am again with yet another question concerning our initial configuration. There is an import function in the "Users" tab but none in "Groups". The "import" in "Users" does import users and groups from remote directories, but not the memberships - as I would have expected.
I had planned to configure one directory per application with all non-LDAP users from this application. I would manage all users in the active directory connected to Crowd by memberships in:
- server specific groups (serverX-user, serverY-user, ...) to control the access to this server
- role specific groups (serverX-reviewer, serverY-author, serverZ-admin...) to control the permissions for a specific user on this server
The server admins would not be allowed to allocate group memberships (no write permission in the Crowd directories).
Does this look like a reasonable plan to you?
In this scenario it would be nice to be able to import groups alone into the LDAP connector, without importing the users. It would further be nice to have a renaming function for groups - but I have already seen that this is a feature that will not be implemented by Atlassian in the near future.