I am brand new to Confluence and recently started a new position managing the Documentation Department. Currently, we have no formal Library or documentation processes. My goal is to establish the following:
1.) A Documentation Library that houses all current documentation by type of document (Marketing, Technical, Proposal), then have sub-folders in each for specific projects.
2.) Within this library, I want to setup a Documentation Request function. Meaning, a user other than me, can go into the appropriate folder and submit a request for a document (e.g., User Guide) and enter in a description, delivery parameters, a due date, etc. I then want a notification to go to a mailbox indicating that there is a new Documentation Project to work on.
2a.) It'd be great if those requests could then be distributed/assigned to a specific person.
3.) Once the document request has been received, the document would be created. When the document is near completion, I want to establish a formal peer review process. Ideally, I would like there to be some notification system or Peer Review Workflow that could be setup.
This is just a brief overview of my goals with the hope that someone has done this previously, or has a suggestion for a solution. Does anyone know if this can be accomplished using Confluence? My experience is with SharePoint and I have never used this tool. If anyone has suggestions or tips, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank You!
Anthony