Configuration:
- Crowd server V3.1.3 connected to company active directory
- groups not from active directory, but only in Crowd
In the directory I have configured several groups including confluence-users and confluence-administrator, but also groups named serverX-users.
Now when I configure an application running on serverX I can determine "Who can authenticate" (e.g. serverX-users) and I have a selection box for "Automatically assigned-to". I set this to confluence-users.
Now a user in serverX-users can login to the application on serverX, and I would have expected that he automatically is then assigned to the confluence-users group on serverX. However this is not the case?!
On the other hand an administrator on serverX sees the groups defined in Crowd and CAN DELETE them, not only on serverX, but also in Crowd?! He also can create groups which appear then in Crowd group management, too. Isn't it strange that the serverX administrator can change things on Crowd, but the Crowd administrator cannot assign a group membership on serverX?
I would like to know if I have a wrong understanding of group management in Crowd and the connected applications or if this behavior is a bug in V3.1.3?
BTW: I tried to find the answers in the documentation, but the screens for application/groups look very different there.