I've dug through the other articles and can't seem to find any help for my situation. We are attempting to link our source controlled *Java* bamboo-specs bitbucket repo into bamboo.
However, when I make a change ( done via Pull Request using FF merge strategy ), I can see the log in bamboo where it gets the merge update, however there is nothing indicating that the bamboo-specs ever tried to run ( success/error ).
To start with, I have verified that the bamboo-specs are good in that I can run the `mvn test` and `mvn -Ppublish-specs` locally with no issues. Attached is the pom.xml with no external dependencies
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<parent>
<groupId>com.atlassian.bamboo</groupId>
<artifactId>bamboo-specs-parent</artifactId>
<version>6.4.1</version>
<relativePath/>
</parent>
<groupId>com.mycompany</groupId>
<artifactId>bamboo-specs</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<packaging>jar</packaging>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.bamboo</groupId>
<artifactId>bamboo-specs-api</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.bamboo</groupId>
<artifactId>bamboo-specs</artifactId>
</dependency>
<!-- Test dependencies -->
<dependency>
<groupId>junit</groupId>
<artifactId>junit</artifactId>
<scope>test</scope>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
<!-- run 'mvn test' to perform offline validation of the plan -->
<!-- run 'mvn -Ppublish-specs' to upload the plan to your Bamboo server -->
</project>
Some things I am not sure if are affecting this:
1) We have disabled the local agent on the bamboo server for security ( only use remote agents ). Does this agent need to be enabled to process bamboo-specs??
- Our bamboo server does have maven and java installed.
2) In our PlanSpec.java, we define the bambooServer object using the actual URL ( eg: http://mybamboo.com/bamboo ) instead of localhost:8085. Do you have to use localhost to have this work?
3) In any case, how are credentials used when bamboo runs PlanSpec.java. Do we have to supply some sort of .credentials in our repo for it to use to authenticate?
4) The bamboo-specs linked repo is not used by any build plan. The idea is this is a separate repository that is only used to host our entire bamboo configuration.
- The linked Repository was granted full access to All Projects and All Linked Repositories