I'm currently using crowd for bamboo integration, but would like to create a local bamboo admin as a fail-safe if our crowd server goes down for any reason (it's happened in the past).
However, when I try to switch to "Local users and groups" mode in the "User Repositories" section of bamboo administration, I receive the following error:
"Failed to change the active user repository: At least one administrator required, but none were found. The following administrator groups were searched: [NRMP_Admins, bamboo-admin]"
I did some research and it seemed like the answer was to have a local admin user. Unfortunately, I don't believe I have a local admin user. It may have gotten deleted somewhere down the line. Apparently I'm unable to re-create a local admin user without first switching to local mode.
Seems like I'm in a catch-22 type situation. In order to create a local admin, I need to switch to local mode. But in order to switch to local mode, I need to create a local admin. Is there some backend way to solve this problem, or am I out of luck?