Hello.
I have an asp.net web page which I am building with Visual Studio in bamboo ,
I will deploy it to as IIS server, but I cannot find any option in bamboo for it neither can I find it in Atlassian Market.
I have found some posts but they are old...
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-to-deploy-a-NET-application-on-IIS/qaq-p/498835
What is the best way to do it?
What you are looking for is MS Web Deploy. This is a Windows tool, that can perform remote deployments to IIS using a CLI command, making it easy to integrate into tools like Bamboo or Jenkins.
In order to use this, you'll need to have 2 services setup and installed on the IIS server.
Once those services are setup and running, you can run the msdeploy.exe (C:\Program Files\IIS\Microsoft Web Deploy V3\msdeploy.exe) that comes with MS Web Deploy to execute a application deployment. This can be done from the same server, or from a remote server.
Example:
msdeploy.exe -verb:sync -source:iisApp="$appPath\web" -dest:iisApp='$SiteName',wmsvc="$IIS-Server-Name",UserName='$user',Password='$password',AuthType='Basic',skipAppCreation=true -enableRule:AppOffline -allowUntrusted:true
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.