I have been using Bamboo for quite awhile, so I know a lot of the ins and outs of it already, however one thing has always perplexed me on handling artifacts.
Is there anyway to have "temporary" artifacts within a build so I can share between jobs/stages?
For instance. I am building a product that delivers both 32bit and 64bit architectures internally in our studio with 1 zip file. I have parallel jobs running on multiple build agents. One agent builds 32bit, the other builds 64bit. Each capture their own artifact respectively.
I have a post-build stage where a job combines both of these artifacts together to make the end-product. However I am still storing the individual artifacts pieces from the previous stage and that takes up room on the Bamboo server.
I'd love to be able to tell Bamboo to "disregard" artifacts at a particular job level and only store the 1 end product so I can parallelize my build to multiple agents for faster build times of the end product. The only way I see to share artifacts between multiple stages within a plan is to mark them as "shared" - but that in turn gives them permanence on the Master bamboo server, storing large artifacts that serve no purpose for the end product.
Am I simply approaching bamboo wrong in this regard? Are you not meant to build 1 product across multiple systems to in the end just build 1 deliverable?
Thanks,
Cameron