I'm working in a JIRA cloud instance and testing out Portfolio for JIRA. It says that the estimation fields are required for it to work. I do not seem to have the Original Estimate or Remaining Estimate fields in my JIRA instance. Is there a way to get those back? Or is there a way to map custom estimate fields to Portfolio?
Thanks!
Hello @Heather Stoddard
Please make sure you have time tracking enabled on the cloud instance
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-time-tracking-818578858.html
And also add the "Time tracking" field to the screens of the issueTypes -> projects.
See here
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/The-Original-Estimate-field-is-missing-when-creating-stories-and/qaq-p/95261
The Time Tracking was active. I granted permissions to application access: Jira software. I went back and tried to add the fields to my issue screens, but it's still not available as a choice.
The field which you have to add is called "Time tracking"
Thank you! This did it! Now I just have to figure out how to make the User Story time tracking will have an effect on the Epic Remaining Time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.