Not sure what's wrong but happened after I upgraded to latest sourcetree.
When I manually pull from command line, it works fine.
We've identified the fix and will roll out a new build later today. Our apologies for the hiccup.
Same issue here, on Mac OS. Only with the last Sourcetree version (2.7.2). I found a workaround using the System Git instead of Embedded Git.
Restarting the Mac solved this issue for me in the past. Please give it a try and let us know if that doesn't help.
Tried using the System Git instead of the Embedded Git but that didn't work for me. Still getting the same error.
We identified the issue here and fixed it over the weekend. Please update the build to 2.7 (167) and you should be good with this version. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and appreciate the patience.
Thanks,ManjunathSourcetree Mac Developer
That's solved for me (using System Git).
Thanks!
Sourcetree->Preferrence->Accounts->Select the Account that contains the branch to be finished. Then edit and change https to auth type and then select Connect Account, give your username and password to dialog, after successful authentication a list of repositories will be shown. select the target repository and click on Clone button, a dialog will be shown and select clone in Sourcetree, then it will locate the local repository and select the repository. after selecting just press gitflow.
I'm experiencing the same error but specifically using Git Flow tool+BitBucket:
I've tried all the above including:
I can manually perform the same git functions within SourceTree, and also use the git flow tool successfully on local repos.
Do I need to create an app-specific OAUTH password within Bitbucket settings?
If this error is specific to git-flow actions only, we are aware of a bug on the git-flow module. We are working on it and will hav an update on it soon. Please let us know if you see this on anything other than git-flow actions.
I downgraded to 2.7.2 and I can now use the finish feature. I guess I will just stick to 2.7.2
Hi - Is this bug still unresolved? After a few Source Tree updates I am still getting an authentication error with git-flow actions specifically.
I try reconnecting account through OAuth which is successful, but when I go to close a Hotfix for instance I still get:
fatal: could not read Password for 'https://account-name@bitbucket.org': Device not configuredFatal: Could not fetch hotfix/responsive-videos from origin.
@Manju Still unresolved, Mac, Latest SourceTree, Git Flow
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.