Within a project that has multiple parallel sprints and a board that shows 'all sprints', I want to show items specific to a sprint/sub project that contains two epics.
I want the swimlanes to be set to epics so that I can see the separation but also see the tasks under the stories in the swimlanes.
I have:
- Created a new board with a filter that pulls all tickets in that project in the specific sprint (let's call it sprint 1)
- I set the swimlanes option to 'Epics' and no data appears. The 'open' and 'done' columns have numbers that reflect the tickets that should be shown.
- If I change the swimlanes option to 'queries' and add the two epics I want to display, then all the stories and tasks miraculously appear on the Kanban board BUT as you cannot assign epics to subtasks, all the tasks appear at the bottom instead of under the relevant story which is confusing and unhelpful.
- I have done something similar for another project where I had no filter (everything active in project pulled) and set the swimlanes option to 'epics' and I can see all cards.
All I can think of is there is a double query of some kind happening that Jira doesn't like. Any ideas?


