Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false ls-remote http://VChand@stash.internal.t-mobile.com:7990/scm/tom/testscripts.gitOutput:Error: fatal: Authentication failed for 'http://VChand@stash.internal.t-mobile.com:7990/scm/tom/testscripts.git/'
Could someone help on clearing this error out.
HiYou are getting authentication errors when trying to clone?Are you expecting the repository to require authentication?Do you get prompted for credentials at all?If you haven't already I would suggest trying the following:1. In Tools/Options/Authentcation Tab add an account for your Bitbucket Server instance, that will prompt for credentials and you will see if they have been successfully validated.OR2. Try the command from the command line outside Sourcetree and see if you re prompted by Git.It is also possible that something has locked your Bitbucket Server account and logging out/logging in on the server will remove the lock and give you access back.
Hi Michael,
Thanks for replying. Below are my answers to your questions
You are getting authentication errors when trying to clone? YESAre you expecting the repository to require authentication? YES but I am already authenticated to itDo you get prompted for credentials at all? No I am not prompted for credentialsIf you haven't already I would suggest trying the following:
1. In Tools/Options/Authentcation Tab add an account for your Bitbucket Server instance, that will prompt for credentials and you will see if they have been successfully validated. Tried this. Though it gets successfully validated I am getting this Authentication failed error when trying to clone.
Thanks,
Varun Chand
Hi
You say you are already authenticated? I'm guessing this is using a username/password? Is this just via the Tools/Options/Authentication tab?
Git and Sourcetree store and use credentials from the Windows Vault/Credential Manager. If you look in there you should see entries prefixed by 'git:'. The same credentials are used if you try cloning form the Git command line.
Can you try deleting any 'git:' entries from the Windows Credential Manager relating to your Bitbucket server, then re-refresh your credentials in Tools/Options/Authentication tab, you should then see the 'git:' credentials recreated in the Windows Credential Manager.
In theory you should then be able to clone.
If you can't can you try the same again, deleting the existing entries, and try cloning using the git command line, assuming that works it should also store the same credentials.
It is also worth making sure you are using git >= 2.15
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.