Hi there,
My first time to post regarding my setup. Basically I have the following set up on premise.
- Crowd 2.8.3 (Build:#648 - 2015-06-01)
- JIRA (v7.4.2#74004-sha1:586975d)
- Confluence 5.5.2
- Stash v3.8.0
Upon closer inspection at my deployment, my Crowd is using Struts, and worst, it's vulnerable. I could be using perhaps Struts version 2.3.29.
It states here that Struts can be updated separately without impacting Crowd. However, upon testing, Crowd stopped working after updating struts only. So my only option is to upgrade Crowd to a non-vulnerable version.
There have been a couple of major security updates with Struts that have been released even after the advisory above, with the latest one released only a few days ago which requires me to update to the latest Struts 2.5.16.
Now, I am at a dilemma, that I may need to upgrade both Crowd as well as Struts!
I am however, hesitant to upgrade/patch as it might break or change the way my users (JIRA, Confluence, Stash) operate which I would not want to take risk at.
My question is:
- Will upgrading Crowd not impose any operational changes that the users will have to adjust to? They operate only in JIRA/Confluence/Stash
- Follow-up to my question above... which version of Crowd do I apply that can support Struts 2.5.16?
Thank you.
Regards,
Edmon