For a plugin I'm developing, I need to use classes from package org.eclipse.jgit (e.g. RevWalk).
Few findings:
- There is no OSGi bundle that exports this package.
- The OSGi bundle atlassian-bamboo-plugin-git uses this org.eclipse.jgit package, but doesn't export it.
- The OSGi bundle atlassian-bamboo-plugin-git has the the META-INF/lib/org.eclipse.jgit-3.5.3-atlassian-13.jar in the 'Bundle Classpath'. This jar contains the classes I need, but I'm not sure how useful this is for my plugin.
When I include this bamboo git bundle/package to my pom.xml file,
<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>atlassian-bamboo-plugin-git</artifactId>
<version>6.2.2</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>
my code compiles just fine; it can find all the org.eclipse.jgit classes, (presumably because these are part of the git plugin?)
But then the problems start for me. I tried many different combinations of 'import-packages'. But it either errors during install that it can't find a bundle, or I'm getting a noClassDefFoundError.
Also added the org.eclipse.jgit as a separate dependency and compiled it with my plugin. Still errors during my install.
If anybody has successfully imported org.eclipse.jgit classes in their plugin (in combination with using the bamboo git plugin), I am very curious what the pom.xml settings are.