As many software projects are following Agile (Scrum and Kanban) for team development workflow, and using Trello or JIRA for task management, I am moving from JIRA to Trello but got some troubles, which missed lovely features or concepts that I was familiar during using JIRA, and I would like to list them here with my solution, let give your comment if you think it's good or bad practices
- In JIRA, there are many task type: Epic, Story, Bug, Improvement, Sub-Task.... also customized those types, but it's not on Trello. So I had to use label as task type, as much as I want
- In JIRA, normally we broke a user story to subtasks which estimate-able, and then total story estimation will be sum automatically from its subtasks. So I had to use card as user story, and then checklist as subtask, but I didn't find any way, even don't know how to give estimation on trello, it's workaround with Agile for Trello chrome extension, but not very useful
- In JIRA, a scrum board is separated into sprints, each sprint will be a board, but in Trello, I known it's not good practice if separating board by sprint. Don't know how to manage it
- It's also missing many features relating to scrum sprint like estimation, worklog, burndown charts...
Could anyone is also running sprint well with Trello, let give your practice and then everyone could use it effectively