I would like to filter my cards in a board to show everything that doesn't have a certain label. How do? I've tried -label:"red" and -label:"Urgent" and that syntax doesn't work.
It's not possible to add a negative operator to filters, but the search feature does support that: http://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards
Is this a possible feature for the future?
We would like this feature as well.
Would be great to has given feature, maybe filter by search query to reuse given logic.
I so would like to have this feature too. My most used board has 26 labels. Searching and filtering NEED exclusions.
Add this feature please!!!
It's almost been 4 years since this issue was raised. Is this on the roadmap? It is difficult to create our workflows without label exclusion.
I am in need of this feature too...
It‘s a must have feature for me. Sorting by filter keeps the cards in its lists. And it works within the app.
@Mickie Shipley Any update on this, please?
I have found a bit of a workaround which will give you a list of cards that DO NOT have certain labels.Its using the trello Dashcards powerup to count the cards that meet the "not that label" criteria. and in doing so provides a list of all the cards that comply, which you can export to CSV for further examination.https://trello.com/power-ups/6048e897c73d032a983e2a7c/dashcards
Its not a replacement for being able to filter the cards in place within the board, but at least gets you the card data you are looking for.
Thank you, unfortunately not allowed for my board. Since it does not fully meet requested functionality I will not pursue requesting company to allow.
Here's how I was able to do this using the browser's developer console:
To hide all the cards with the stock pink label:
x = Array.from(document.querySelectorAll("a.list-card:has([data-color=pink])"));x.forEach(x => {x.style.display="none"});
":has()" is a "relational pseudo-class" CSS selector - see https://drafts.csswg.org/selectors/#relational .
Cards in Trello are <a> elements, and they (usually? all?) have a CSS class= attribute including the class "list-card".
The visible label tags on cards are somewhere within the HTML of the card's <a> element.
So, this selector says, "give me all <a> elements that are cards, and which also have some sub-element with an attribute named data-color that has the value pink." Or, looking at it another way, "look at all the elements with the attribute data-color=pink, go up through the ancestors of each of them, then return any that happen to be cards".
This is a very simple work around for the time being. Thanks for posting!
hey @Felix X thank you very much for this valuable sharing.
i tried your method it worked. but there is one problem though. there are too many items in our board's lists, thus they are pretty long.
the method you suggested only clears visible cards with that label. are there any way to make it clear for whole items in all lists?
thanks a lot!
I made a bookmarklet to filter cards locally, this will only work in your browser, when you reload all changes will go away. https://saijogeorge.com/trello-filter-exclude-label/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.