On proxying my newly setup Crowd instance on a Microsft Server 2012 with IIS8(.5), AAR3 installed, I am having trouble to correctly configure the proxy URL Rewrite rules for Crowd. On setting proxy rules to filter the whole query-string or URL, I am only able to access the configuration/defualt page (query-string: "/") of Crowd. If I now try to rewrite the subdirectory "/crowd", to access the login and configuration panel, I only get the HTTP response with error code 404 and not rewrited URL, containing the subdirectory "crowd" (e.g. "https://crowd.mydomain.tld/crowd/{rest-of-query-string}"). I guess that the failed rewrite of outgoing response from Tomcat, containing the subdirectory "crowd" in the query-string, is the cause of the issue.
I also tried the rewrite rules explained for proxying JIRA application. But they did not work as well.
Can someone please help me, setting the IIS' URL Rewrite rules properly, to simply proxy the Crowd instance? Following I have my rule attached.
Thank you very much in advance!
Sincerely
Kevin
Inbound Rewrite Rule:
<configuration>
<system.webServer>
<rewrite>
<rules>
<clear />
<rule name="Crowd Proxy Rewrite Rule" enabled="true" stopProcessing="true">
<match url="(.*)" />
<action type="Rewrite" url="http://localhost:<CROWD-PORT>/crowd/{R:1}" />
</rule>
</rules>
</rewrite>
<security>
<requestFiltering allowDoubleEscaping="true" />
</security>
</system.webServer>
</configuration>