Recently I have set up the Crowd instacen on my Windows Server 2012 machine. I have set it up as described in its documentation and configured it to use a separeate mySQL DB. Running Crowd from start_crowd.bat works fine so far. But I need to run Crows as Windows' service. I installed the service as described in the ducmentation again an altered the jvm settings as recommended. Starting the server from bat-file still works proerly.
But if I try to run the Tomcat/Crowd service, it stops soon after startup. Attachted there are the logs, presented until the services crashs in debug log level. For configuration I have upgraded my Java installation to version 9 and ensured, that JAVA_HOME is pointing to the directory of the jdk.
Server-Log:
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [debug] ( prunsrv.c:1679) [ 6940] Commons Daemon procrun log initialized
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [info] ( prunsrv.c:1683) [ 6940] Commons Daemon procrun (1.0.15.0 32-bit) started
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [info] ( prunsrv.c:1596) [ 6940] Running 'AtlassianCrowd' Service...
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [debug] ( prunsrv.c:1374) [15024] Inside ServiceMain...
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [debug] ( prunsrv.c:844 ) [15024] reportServiceStatusE: 2, 0, 3000, 0
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [info] ( prunsrv.c:1127) [15024] Starting service...
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [debug] ( javajni.c:233 ) [15024] loading jvm 'C:\Progra~1\Java\jre-9.0.4\bin\server\jvm.dll'
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [debug] ( javajni.c:278 ) [15024] Setting DLL search path to 'C:\Progra~1\Java\jre-9.0.4\bin\server'
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [debug] ( javajni.c:278 ) [15024] Setting DLL search path to 'C:\Progra~1\Java\jre-9.0.4\bin'
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [error] ( javajni.c:291 ) [15024] %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [error] ( prunsrv.c:1162) [15024] Failed creating java C:\Progra~1\Java\jre-9.0.4\bin\server\jvm.dll
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [error] ( prunsrv.c:1162) [15024] %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [error] ( prunsrv.c:1536) [15024] ServiceStart returned 1
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [error] ( prunsrv.c:1536) [15024] %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [debug] ( prunsrv.c:844 ) [15024] reportServiceStatusE: 1, 1066, 0, 1
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [info] ( prunsrv.c:1598) [ 6940] Run service finished.
[2018-03-06 23:23:07] [info] ( prunsrv.c:1764) [ 6940] Commons Daemon procrun finished
Result of JAVA_HOME system variable output:
echo %JAVA_HOME%
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.4
Results of Java's version:
C:\>java -version
java version "9.0.4"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.4+11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.4+11, mixed mode)
I have no idea anymore, why the service is not coming up? Is there maybe a issue because of Java's 32/64 bit installation / expectation?
Thanks in advance,
Kevin