In Crowd, I had just rearranged the order of directories by putting the delegated authentication (Active Directory) above internal crowd directory.
I had created an admin user for the internal directory and the delegated auth so thought it couldn't create a problem. But when I tried to login with this admin it says: invalid login. Actually, it says that no matter which user I put in, and I've tried every one of them that appears in the table.
I attempted to reset the password using the queries listed for PostgreSQL and although the tables show the changes you'd expect from the queries, they never show any bad password attempts.
I can't seem to find/or enable the correct logs. And I've checked out other threads like this one here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Crowd-questions/Invalid-login-error/qaq-p/8953
and I'm not sure exactly what they are saying the solution was but I don't think it's the same thing. Maybe so.
I haven't gotten to pointing Confluence and Service Desk to Crowd yet. I can still get into those. Should I/Can I just blow this install away and start again? Please advise. Thanks!