Hello,
A few days ago, my Crowd Server stopped displaying the nice GUI (blue bar across the top with Crowd, Applications, Users, Groups, Directories) and started showing what I call a "Web 1.0" GUI instead and lists things as just hyperlinked text in a bullet point list and says "Welcome to the Crowd administration console".
My JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket/Bamboo still authenticate correctly for all my users, but there is some things this GUI is not letting me do (I.e. password reset).
I don't know if it is related at all, but in crowd.log directory, the catalina.out file is spamming once/second the following Exception:
PluginSchedulerTask-com.atlassian.analytics.client.upload.S3EventUploader:job INFO [com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient] Unable to execute HTTP request: btf-analytics.s3.amazon.com java.net.UnknownHostException: btf-analytics.s3.amazonaws.com.
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAdress.java:1280)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAdress.java:1192)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAdress.java:1126)
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.SystemDefaultDnsResolver.resolve(SystemDefaultDnsResolver.java:45)
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.resolveHostname(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:263)
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:162)
org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.open(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:326)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryConnect(DefaultRequestDirector.java:610)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:445)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.doExecute(AbstractHttpClient.java:835)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:83)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:56)
at com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient.executeHelper(AmazonHttpCient.java:464)
at com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient.execute(AmazonHttpCient.java:273)
at com.amazonaws.services.s3.AmazonS3Client.invoke(AmazonS3Client.java:3660)
at com.amazonaws.services.s3.AmazonS3Client.putObject(AmazonS3Client.java:1432)
at com.atlassian.analytics.client.s3.AnalyticsS3Client.uploadFilesToS3Bitbucket(AnalysticsS3Client.java:88)
at com.atlassian.analytics.client.upload.S3EventUploader.execute(S3EventUploader.java:81)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.compat.local.LocalOnlyPluginJob.execute(LocalOnlyPluginJob.java:30)
at com.atlassian.sal.core.scheduling.TimerPluginScheduler$PluginTimerTask.run(TimerPluginScheduler.java:89)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
Over and over and over....
This machine is on a network that has no access to the Internet, never has, and never will. Why is it trying to connect to Amazon, how do I turn that off, why did it start doing it, and is that the root cause of my "Web 1.0" GUI issue?