If you weren't restricted by tools or traditional processes what would your agile practice look like?
Dear @Max Rehkopf,
answer to the body question:
The main agile process are not restricting. They are so lean that there is nothing to(serious) improve. Of cause, this requires the fully understanding of its philosophy.
All tools out there are setting boundaries. Many people, who do not understand the philosophy then understand "the tool is the process", because they have learned during their whole life to adapt and not to think out of the box.
answer to the subject:
An agile process is open source. Nobody can forbid or restrict that one is using or adapting it. To answer the second part I just quote the agile manifesto: "Individuals and their interactions over processes and tools". This strongly allows to change the processes when it is needed to fit to the requirements of the individuals, but without breaking the agile principles.
So long
Thomas
@Thomas DeilerThis should really be an answer, not a comment. You would have got my upvote
I also really like this reply! I see varying degrees of "the tool is the process" all over the agile development space. Those observations prompted this discussion :-)
@Thomas Deiler Can you share any effective tactics to bring people from a tools-based mindset to an open-source mindset?
@Max Rehkopf, start at kindergarten with switching the individuals mind to think out-of-the-box ...
I would be a bad consultant, if I would write an answer to your question, because the non-out-of-the-box-thinking-individuals would take it as the truth.
It's all about individuals (and their cultural background), so each coaching approach will be "custom made". If it would be that simple, you could just buy a book and act ...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.