SSL connection to Crowd doesn't work on SuSe with TOMCAT HTTPS Config
After following the instructions and trying this:
<Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
maxThreads="150" SSLEnabled="true" scheme="https" secure="true"
clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
keystoreFile="${user.home}/.keystore" keystorePass="changeit"
keyAlias="tomcat" keyPass="changeit"/>
This simply doesn't work according to the instructions on the Atlassian website. I do not even get any error message. I tried this on SuSe Linux. It just hangs and times out without even an error message. I tried the following:
* curl --noproxy "*" https://localhost:8443 -v
* wget --no-proxy https://localhost:8443
* openssl s_client -connect https://127.0.0.1:8443
* Adding the 8443 port to the SuSe firewall and reloading the firewall
* Changing the above to 443 instead of 8443
* Reading the Atlassian Crowd logs (nothing useful therein)
* Reading the Tomcat Apache Cataline logs (nothing useful therein except useless timeout message)
* Praying...
It does however work with an nginx reverse proxy bolted on at the front. I guess that rules out firewall issues then :-)
With the Atlassian/Tomcat method of enabling HTTPS, it doesn't even give any error. It just sits there for ages then times out.
?